September 25th, 2015
Local Wellness Policy Goal Evaluated:
Students will exercise at least 60 minutes of physical activity on all days of the school week.
TIA students were surveyed. The average number of minutes exercising per day is shown below:
During the school week, 3 out of 5 days the average number of minutes spent exercising exceeded 60 minutes. Two days the average was below 60 minutes. Monday averaged 57 minutes, and Thursday averaged50minutes. It was found that most students do not exercise on the weekends. All students spent at least 30 minutes exercising each day during the school week. Some students exercised up to 180 minutes during the school week.
- Exercise is important because it will keep you healthy and give you something to do.
- Exercise gives the student a change to relieve the mental stress and exercise the body.
- Without exercise, heart attacks and sicknesses are more common.
- Exercising helps with weight and staying in shape. Exercising helps the brain and promotes good health. Exercise is important because if you want to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger, you’d better take care of yourself.
Recommendations to increase exercise:
- Add other activities to increase student interest.
- Develop walking clubs.
- Student peers may increase participation by making it more interesting.
- Create a committee to promote exercising by making flyers, reminding students, etc.