Tucson International Academy (TIA) is a community-based working and learning environment. We are a K-12 school with an emphasis on language and culture. The students received weekly Mandarin Chinese and Spanish courses with a specific language teacher. Our focus is “We Make College Come True,” with 100% of our students accepted into one or more colleges/universities. Aside from high academics, we also like to bring our classrooms alive with evening fiestas/events such as Cinco de Mayo and Chinese New Year.
TIA is in search of passionate and committed teachers!
Here are some of the responsibilities of a TIA teacher:
- Writing weekly lesson plans
- Record Keeping (Grade Book)
- Attend staff meetings/PD’s
- Attend all TIA events/fiestas
- Assist others as needed (Team Work)
If you are interested in having a long-lasting positive impact on a child’s life, TIA is a perfect fit for you. Enjoy small class sizes! Benefits available. Please send us your resume and personal information or call (520)792-3255.
Download and print the Certified Teacher Application here.
*Requirements are highly qualified teaching degree AEPA or NES test. SEI and AZ/US Constitution.
**Must have a teaching certificate in math/science. Must be willing to teach both.
Job Title- Elementary Teacher: Tucson International Academy is looking to complement our high-quality workforce of educators. You will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full educational teaching plan according to the school’s requirements. It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their personalities and skills.
The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process, supporting the mission of Tucson International Academy.
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
- Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom, managing behaviors in a positive system
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
- Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc.
- Degree in teaching or in a specialized subject preferably with a certificate in education. May consider applicant in process of completing a university degree.
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills; able to be a team player
- Bilingual preferable
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic; Strong moral values and discipline
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card with IVP#
- Knowledge of CPR or willing to get this certification
Job Title: Math/Science High School
Company: Tucson International Academy Employee may have the following responsibilities (not limited to): attending conferences and workshops, planning and chaperoning field trips, monitoring hallways and school grounds before and after school and sponsoring extracurricular activities. Language arts teachers spend time choosing reading material for their students and preparing assignments and discussion topics for Middle and High School. Resources must be aligned to school curriculum which is aligned to AZCCRS. ELA teachers assign writing projects and monitor students during the drafting process. Compositions and essays may be assigned according to state standards. Speeches can also be assigned on a variety of subjects. Grades for both of these types of assignments tend to be based on content, organization and mechanics. In addition, teachers must keep a record of their lesson plans in a book. Lesson plans should be written with state standards in mind to help students meet minimum educational goals. Teachers also interact with parents during designated conference periods to talk about academic and, if needed, behavioral issues. Contact can also be made over the phone, in writing or through e-mail.
School Job Opportunities Open for K – 6
If you are interested in applying, please do the following:
1. Download and print the Certified Teacher Application PDF file.
2. Complete that application, and fax the Certified Teacher Application, your resume, and application cover letter to (520) 792-3245.
Tucson International Academy seeks dynamic, committed, friendly, professional, and dependable persons for our positions. All Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree and also be SEI endorsed (if applying for a classroom teacher position) and have a current Fingerprint Clearance card. You may inquire at our office by calling (520) 792-3255. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 3:00 pm.
General Job Application Information:
Any Teaching Assistant applicant must have at least an Associate’s Degree and Fingerprint Clearance Card.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Tucson International Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities.
El Academia Internacional de Tucson no discrimina a base de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, orientación sexual, edad, religión, o inhabilidad en admisión o acceso a, o tratamiento de personas o empleo en sus programas educacionales o actividades.