October 15, 2015
Dear TIA Community :
Healthy students not only excel academically but are more likely to be positively engaged in social, community, and extracurricular activities. The benefits of supporting student health and wellness are far-reaching. This is why it is very important for our school to review, update, and implement the local wellness policy.
We would like you to invite you to be a member of our wellness team. The wellness team consists of administrators, curriculum leaders, food service employees, students, parents, school board members, health teachers, physical education teachers, community members in the health, nutrition, or foodservice fields.
The team’s primary responsibilities include:
- Providing overall leadership for the wellness policy implementation and promoting a schoolclimate that supports and understands the importance of the wellness;
- Assessing the current school environment, as needed, in the areas covered by the wellnesspolicy;
- Developing a comprehensive action plan that addresses policy components and assuresmeasurement of implementation objectives;
- Evaluating the progress of policy implementation;
- Communicating with the school community about the changes being made and reporting onprogress; and
- Updating and revising the action plan.
Our first meeting is scheduled for:
Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:00 pm
Tucson International Academy 2700 W. Broadway Blvd. Tucson, AZ 85745
(520) 792-3255 X 1104
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me at 792-3255. Sincerely,
Nidia Rodgriguez Financial Officer