TIA Health and Safety Compliance Features Concerning COVID-19
- Masks will be required for any person on campus except where the State of Arizona makes exceptions
- Sanitary shielding for each student (clear plexiglass)
- Full-time sanitization & health officers for each campus
- Daily health screens for staff (required)
- Daily health screens for students
- Temperature monitoring
- New auxiliary stainless steel hand washing stations at each campus
- Staggered lunch schedule to control contact
- Weekly audits and reporting
- Minimizing student movement while on campus
- TIA edition face masks available for purchase!
Tucson International Academy puts safety first. Here is a great resource for parents http://www.spschoolsgroup.com/act/
It has tips for school safety at amusement parks, bus travel, home alone, etc. Please click on the link to access this information.
Tucson International Academy’s Safety Measures
Along with providing the best educational experience, Tucson International Academy is also committed to promoting a safe and secure learning environment. In furtherance of this objective, Tucson International Academy is equipped with smoke detectors, audio/visual cameras, locked doors and gates during school hours, CPR certified staff and faculty, with lockdown procedures and fire drills for every classroom and all other areas of our building(s). Additionally, faculty and staff or adult monitors are expected to have a cell phone or walkie-talkie with them while at lunch and/or on the playground with them.
Link to online Teen Safety Guide from StaySafe.org