Parent’s, Guardian’s, and Visitor’s Guidelines
In order to maintain an orderly, respectful and secure educational environment for the students and staff of Tucson International Academy, it is essential that all parents and visitors to our buildings be aware of their responsibilities and adhere to the expected code of conduct as set forth in our Parent and Student Handbook.
Parents are expected to communicate at home:
- Recognize that the education of children is a joint responsibility of the parents and the school community.
- Help their children understand that in a democratic society appropriate rules are required to maintain a safe, orderly environment.
- Know school and classroom rules and help their children understand them. Convey to their children a supportive attitude toward education and the district.
- Help their children deal effectively with peer pressure.
- Provide a place for study, and ensure homework assignments are completed and turned in on time.
Parents are expected to communicate about school:
- Ensure that children bring only items appropriate and related to the instructional program at school.
- Build good relationships with teachers and other parents.
- Inform school officials of changes in the home situation that may affect student conduct or performance.
- Insist their children be dressed and groomed in a manner consistent with the student dress code.
- Review the Parent and Student Handbook and sign it.
Public Conduct on School Property
Schools are a place of work and learning. Certain limits must be set for parents and legal guardians who visit our schools and classrooms. All persons on school property or attending a school function shall conduct themselves in a respectful and orderly manner. The building principal or his/her designee is responsible for all persons in the building and on the grounds. The following rules apply to visitors to the schools:
- Anyone who is not a regular staff member or student of the school will be considered a visitor
- All visitors to the school must report to the front office upon arrival at the school. They will be required to sign the visitor’s register and will be issued a visitor’s badge, which must be worn at all times while in the school or on school grounds. The visitor must return the badge to the front office and sign out before leaving the building.
- Visitors attending school functions that are open to the public, such as parent-teacher organization meetings or public gatherings, are not required to register.
Download this document Code of Conduct for Parents
Please read about: TIA’s Safety Measures